Recover and Repair Outlook in Minutes!
Learn More About Stellar Outlook PST Repair and Why We Recommend it
We have personally tested and and used Outlook PST Repair for our own email recovery needs. This product is one of the leading PST recovery tools available and will help you repair or recover virtually any Outlook email file. You can get back your email, contacts, calendars and more!
PST corruption or damage is a commonplace problem, but without the right tools, it is almost impossible to fix. Don't risk your valuable email with any second rate products or hacks. This product will help you recover from Outlook email problems in any version of Outlook.
|Repair Outlook PST Files - Free Download!|
Troubleshooting Outlook PST Files
What are PST Files?
PST Files are storage files used in Outlook and PST actually stands for "Personal Storage Table". PST files keep local copies of all your email, calendars, contacts, notes and journals. These files are most commonly used in Outlook applications. When you use Outlook as your email client, everything in your account is stored in a PST file. If you have multiple accounts, then each may be using a different PST file. Since PST files store so much crucial data, it can be of great concern when a problem arises with one of your PST files. Also, prior to Outlook 2003, the file size was limited to 2GB. So once an email account grew above that size, the file would just lock itself - this is a common cause of PST troubles.
Common PST problems and error codes
Below are some common PST problems or error codes that you might experience. By this point your PST file may already be unusable, in which case you should run a scan immediately.
- PST file has become corrupt or locked
- PST file has exceeded the maximum size allowable (generally 2GB)
- Outlook cannot find your PST file
- "Outlook.pst can not be accessed - 0x80040116"
- "An unknown error has occurred. 0x80040119"
- "An unknown error has occurred. 0x80040600"
- "pst has reached maximum size limit"
- "OL2000: Unable to Use Your Personal Folder File if it Exceeds the 2 GB Size Limit"
Any PST problems should be taken very seriously and should never be ignored. For most people these days, email is a vital tool for communication and work needs. Make sure to always back up your email and if you do encounter problems, always use trusted, quality software for recovering your data.
Managing and Repairing PST Files
Smart management of your PST files is always the best solution for file recovery. Below are our recommendations for managing your email/PST files and recovering them in the case of an emergency.
Backup Your PST Files
You should backup your PST files at least once a week, in some cases daily. By keeping backups of your files, you can easily revert back to working email in the case of a corrupt or lost file. If you haven't been backing up your PST files then start now. The location of PST files can vary, but if you open Outlook, then under the "File" menu, select "Data File Management". Here you will be able to see all of your files and their location.
Third Party Recovery Tools
If you do encounter problems with your PST files and don't have a backup, then the only solution is to use a quality third party recovery tool. The best PST recovery programs will also be able to recover not only your email but your calendar entries, custom folders, contact lists and more.
Here are some of the features available in the top PST recovery software programs.
- The ability to recover messages accidentally emptied from the deleted items folder. This is one of the most common mistakes computer users make, and it is important for the software you choose to contain this feature.
- The ability to recover all your data, not only your email messages. All your data is important, from calendar appointments and contact information to all those custom created file folders.
- The ability to recover and repair .pst files even if they are password protected.
- The ability to restore formatting as well as text. Many email messages are sent in HTML format, and the best recovery products will be able to recover both the format and the message.
- The ability to recover even encrypted files. Encryption is common in today’s world, and it is important to be able to recover these protected files.
- A way to recover even large .pst files. Due to the nature of the file, a .pst file can become quite massive. Look for a program that can recover these very large files.
You can try our free scan below of Stellar Outlook Recovery. This is a very powerful program that has all the features you need to get your data back safely and easily.